Sunday, February 15, 2009

Holy Moly

I have three major projects due in the next 24 hours. Three of them. So what am I doing today?

Well, I'm cooking chicken mole for my inlaws, of course. They will hate it. They will hate the delicate warmth of the anchos, they will hate the bitter chocolate, they will hate the toasted pepitas ground into a fine powder. They will be filled with warm toasty chocolate and hate.

I knew this from the moment I decided to embark upon the long, complex task of recreating Mayan delicacies in my voodoo bungalow up here on the tundra.

I cannot explain my behavior any longer.

It's time to seek professional help.

In the Yucatan, if possible. Anyone got a villa? And if the Mayas didn't come from the Yucatan, please don't write to tell me about it.

Thank you. In the immortal words of Hodgman, That is all.

1 comment:

Hane2SO4 said...

I bet they did exactly the opposite of hating it. You nit.
This morning I shovelled prehistoric goat poo for an hour, part of an ongoing chore of clearing two years worth of goat habitation from a largish enclosure.
Poo is all.
Oh! In the last week, I have joined the Capital Region Beekeepers Association, Pawcific Storm Flyball, and BC Fruit Testers. The last one does NOT involve going up to short-haired, frilly young men, exclaiming "GIRLFRIEND!" and gauging the response--it's really more about orchard maintenance. Because I am going to be nominated the Keeper of the Fruit Trees on the farm.
More later for you, darlink Laur.
Hane